Welcome to STARFLEET Medical
STARFLEET Medical is led by the Surgeon General (who the Director of STARFLEET Medical). The Surgeon General has a Command Staff and Regional Assistant Surgeon Generals (ASG’s) along with STARFLEET International crew-members located in the various STARFLEET International (SFI) Regions around the world who are interested in medical matters.
In addition to the Surgeon General, there are other members of STARFLEET Medical with various duties— such as public health, men and women’s health, and emergency preparedness. Members of STARFLEET Medical work collaboratively with SFI Regional leadership and like-minded STARFLEET International members to promote health in the community, raise awareness in public health matters, along with promoting safety in the home. Many STARFLEET Medical members are also actively involved in community service activities and assist SFI Regions in developing their volunteer efforts in this area.
The STARFLEET Medical is not a policy-making body of the STARFLEET International fan club.
STARFLEET Medical’s Goals
We assist Regional (ASG’s) and Chapter Medical Officers (CMO’s) along with other Regional Officers by giving public health, medical, home, and workplace safety information and to provide resources to the members of STARFLEET International.
We take steps to promote public health, home and workplace safety in keeping with Gene Roddenberry’s vision by being dedicated to helping humankind attain noble goals and ideals and lead by example through service and teamwork as illustrated in the TV series.
STARFLEET Medical’s Mission Statement:
To achieve the STARFLEET Medical’s “Vision,” we seek to develop opportunities where STARFLEET members in good standing can-
- Improve each member’s knowledge of health science, health promotion, and home safety topics as well as each chapter by extension.
- To find and promote knowledge relating to real-world health science, health promotion, and home safety topics to similar issues found within the “Star Trek” universe;
- To undertake community service activities in collaboration with like-minded members in SFI Regions in the general topical areas identified above, in keeping with Gene Roddenberry’s vision by being dedicated to helping humankind attain noble goals and lead by example through service and teamwork as illustrated in the TV series.
- To encourage and support chapters/members to seek and obtain CPR/First-Aid training and to promote these and related training in their communities.
- To Assist International Conference (IC) and/or local Regional Summit planning activities and efforts by offering to support brief “Medical Panel” presentations and provide public health/medical/home and workplace safety information at IC and/or local Regional Summits.
- To collaboratively host at least two medical panels on agreed-upon topics at venues throughout the Fleet.
These are just examples of the types of collaborative activities of the STARFLEET Medical and may be altered depending upon the needs of the various SFI Regions.
Are you interested in joining STARFLEET Medical?
If this has piqued your interest and you wish to join us please follow this link and complete the “Join Us” Form.
Gene Roddenberry’s Starfleet Medical
Context: Starfleet Medical
(in “Star Trek” universe, from Memory-Alpha)
Starfleet Medical is a department of Starfleet dedicated to biological research and the treatment of personnel both in the greater fleet and elsewhere. Based in San Francisco on Earth, Starfleet Medical oversees all Starfleet medical personnel and facilities.
In the 23rd century, an office existed known as the Starfleet Surgeon General which held command authority over Starfleet Medical, including the power to relieve starship medical officers due to incompetence or illness. (TOS: “Turnabout Intruder”)
Starfleet Medical contains many diagnostic and treatment wards, utilizing the most advanced technologies. Long-term facilities are available to care for seriously ill patients. (VOY: “Endgame”)
It is also responsible for all medical research activities in the Federation; Researchers are required to obtain approval from Starfleet Medical before proceeding with new treatments and medications. (TNG: “Ethics”)
Starfleet Medical is responsible for the regulation and training of the various counsellors in Starfleet. (DS9: “Afterimage”) and maintains a large database of medical information available to Starfleet personnel. (TNG: “Realm of Fear”, “Genesis”)
Starfleet Medical is also the parent of the Starfleet Dental sub-division. (DS9: “Paradise Lost”)
[For more information see this source: https://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_Medical ]